People, we need to discuss something very important. The Sephora VIB Sale is coming. (It is a shame, during times like these, that blogging does not allow for dramatic sound effects.) It is not an exaggeration to say that I have been waiting months for this event. I began my list in June – it is a living document updated regularly. I suggest you do the same. (No, I do not deem this to be obsessive behavior, thank you.)
Why is this so special? Sephora does not throw around coupons and sales willy-nilly. During the Sephora VIB Sale in November, VIB members receive 20% off their online & in-store purchases! The discount is made available via a promotional code that can be used multiple times. For the first time, Sephora has included Beauty Insiders in the Sale. This simply requires you to join their free rewards program. There is no minimum spending requirement. Beauty Insiders will save 15%.
There are a couple schools of thought in terms of an approach to navigating this event. Some people like to use this opportunity to stock up on pricey items that they consistently purchase, and love. Others advocate this as a chance to try out new items that they have been coveting – at a fraction of the normal price. The more selfless among us use this event to stock up on holiday gifts – as it is aptly timed before the holiday shopping season. (And the holiday gift sets are out in full force – and they are amazing in both price and variety.)
As for my strategy – I attack all three fronts. I don’t feel the pull to immediately purchase “new hot products” as they are released. So, I tend to read/watch multiple reviews on items before I decide to invest. Leading up to the sale I generally have a couple of items that are new to me, along with a list of ride-or-die favorites that I need to re-stock for the next six months. (Sephora does have another sale in the Spring each year – the discount is lower, and the percentage off is based on your rewards program level.) The majority of my budget is usually devoted to skincare with a couple of beauty items sprinkled in. (Only those items that will remain shelf stable. I wouldn’t, for example, buy more than one Vitamin C item. ) I also use this time to pick up a couple of gifts for the women in my life. The holiday sets that Sephora curates each year are wonderful and always offer an incredible value. I would recommend them to someone who is interested in sampling a variety of new items at a great price point.
This is a lot of pressure – I know. Don’t worry, I’m here to help. I have put together a few posts to help you prepare your shopping list for the sale. To keep things manageable, I have broken them down into four separate posts:
Sephora VIB Sale | Recommendations | Makeup
Sephora VIB Sale | Recommendations | Skincare
Sephora VIB Sale | Recommendations | Holiday Gift Sets
Sephora VIB Sale | My Wish List
Be sure to check back over the next few days for each new blog post! I’d love to hear what you are planning to pick up. Are there any products that you recommend I add to my wish-list?
Just for your reference, here is a breakdown of FAQ’s directly from Sephora’s Website:
Clear your cal, fill your basket, and get ready to shop because Holiday Bonus is right around the corner. This year, VIB gets 20% off Fri 11/10 – Wed 11/15 (that’s two extra days to save). Plus, we’re offering free mini makeovers all weekend long when you shop in store. Can’t wait to see you there!
Need more details? Check out our FAQs:
- What is Holiday Bonus?
- The exclusive, once-a-year promo for Rouge, VIB, and Insider—and the best excuse to splurge, restock favorites, and start holiday shopping.
- What’s the offer?
- Rouge and VIB get 20% off and Insiders save 15%.
- Are Insiders really included in this year’s promotion?
- Yes! For the first time ever, we’re spreading the love and inviting Insiders to take 15% off their holiday purchases from Fri 11/10/2017 – Wed 11/15/2017.
- Dates, please?
- Rouge: Fri 11/3/2017 – Mon 11/6/2017 and Fri 11/10/2017 – Wed 11/15/2017
- VIB: Fri 11/10/2017 – Wed 11/15/2017
- Insiders: Fri 11/10/2017 – Wed 11/15/2017
- Wait, why are the dates split?
- As a benefit of our top tier of membership, Rouge gets first access to the promo.
- Can I redeem the offer more than once?
- If you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used as many times as you want.
- Is this offer available in Canada?
- What if I like to order online?
- What about Sephora inside JCPenney stores?
- The offer is valid in stores, but not on jcp.com
- Are there any exclusions?
- In a word, yes. In lots of words: The offer cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or Play! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any other promotional offers. No customizable sets will be applicable towards the promotion for online purchases. Limit of one Dyson and/or five Pat McGrath eyeshadow palette purchase per transaction both online and in-store. All ColourPop items are excluded from this promotion.
- In Canada there is a quantity limit of three Fresh, YSL and Dior branded items per transactions both online and in-store. Merchandise quantities may be limited, see store for details.
- I’m so close to being Rouge! If I become Rouge during the first weekend can I shop that promo?
- Yes, you get to shop the Rouge promo, because guess what? You deserve it.
- One last thing—what days can we get the free mini makeovers?
- Fri 11/10 – Sun 11/12, but be sure to check with your local store for details.